Steven M. Resnick
Steven M. Resnick, Esq., of counsel to Ziegler, Zemsky & Resnick, is a matrimonial and family lawyer and one of New Jersey’s trailblazing practitioners in the area of parental alienation.
A highly skilled litigator, Mr. Resnick handles all aspects of matrimonial and family law relating to divorce, equitable distribution, palimony, annulment, high net worth, pre-nuptial and post-nuptial agreements, business valuations, real estate, domestic violence, custody and visitation, paternity, estate/will contests, judgment/agreement modification, appeals, and case second opinions, among others. Mr. Resnick has also served as co-counsel for numerous out-of-state matters.
Mr. Resnick recently broke new legal ground in New Jersey on the subject of parental alienation and has argued before the Appellate Division of New Jersey and New Jersey Supreme Court on many other matrimonial and family law issues, as well.
Mr. Resnick began his legal career immediately following law school serving as law clerk to the Honorable Jo-Anne B. Spatola in New Jersey Superior Court, Family Part. He also held the highly esteemed position of adjunct professor at Montclair State University where he taught Family Law and Legal Writing.
While a law student, Mr. Resnick served as interns to both the Honorable Ralph Deluccia and the Honorable Catherine Langlois in the Family Part of New Jersey Superior Court.
In 2005, Mr. Resnick was appointed to the District VB Ethics Committee, Office of Attorney Ethics of the Supreme Court of New Jersey and served one term. No stranger to public service, Mr. Resnick also served as a volunteer attorney for the Jersey Battered Women's Service (JWBS), Inc., Morris County, New Jersey, representing victims of domestic violence.
Before joining Ziegler & Zemsky in 2015, Mr. Resnick was a partner with the firm of Budd Larner, P.C. in its Short Hills, New Jersey office.
- New York
- New Jersey
60, 20 and 7 Days Before Trial –
Case Theme, Preparing Witnesses, Preparing Exhibits, Motion-In-Limine
- NJAJ Education Foundation, Inc.’s Boardwalk Seminar (2017)
- Annual Atlantic City, NJ Family Law Trial Attorney Conference sponsored by the New Jersey Association for Justice(May 2018)
- Understanding Parental Alienation in Divorce: An Essential Guide for Family Law Attorneys & Judges(June 15th 2018)
Montclair State University
- B.A. in English (magna cum laude)
Rutgers University Law School
- Juris Doctor
- Managing research editor of the Rutgers Computer and Tech Law Journal
- 2018 - 10 Best in New Jersey for Client Satisfaction by American Institute of Family Law Attorneys
- American Bar Association, Family Law Sections
- New Jersey Bar Association
- Montclair State University Advisory Counsel, board member, co-founder
- Montclair University Foundation
- American Red Cross New Jersey Crossroads Chapter
- District VB Ethics Committee (2005)