Alexandra M. Coglianese
Alexandra M. Coglianese, Esq. (“Alex”) is an associate with Ziegler, Zemsky & Resnick and a highly skilled and experienced litigator specializing in matrimonial and family law.
Known for her zealous advocacy and steadfast dedication to her clients’ well-being, Ms. Coglianese’s practice includes marital dissolution proceedings, non-dissolution proceedings, child custody disputes, child support recalculations, pre-nuptial agreements, and all aspects of pre and post-judgment matters.
Collaborative Law & Mediation
A firm believer that settlement can be reached amicably and without litigation, Ms. Coglianese has trained as a collaborative law practitioner—believing that through the collaborative process, couples can dissolve their marriages outside the courtroom and in a manner focused on the long-term well-being of the parties and their children. With that same dedication to alternative dispute resolution, Ms. Coglianese is also certified economic mediator and mediates private as well as post-MESP matters. In her role as mediator, Ms. Coglianese helps create settlement agreements based on the input of both adversaries while remaining neutral throughout the process.
Always eager to lend a hand to those in need, Ms. Coglianese is passionate about giving back not only to the legal community but also to the community at large. Ms. Coglianese is involved in various charitable endeavors and currently serves as the New Jersey Chapter Coordinator for the Polycystic Kidney Disease (“PKD”) Foundation. In addition to her work with the PKD Foundation, Ms. Coglianese volunteers her time with the New Jersey Sharing Network, raising awareness about the importance of organ and tissue donation.
Ms. Coglianese began her legal career as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable John E. Selser, J.S.C. (Ret.) in the Superior Court of New Jersey, Passaic County Family Division. During her clerkship, Ms. Coglianese was trained and certified as a mediator in both small claims and landlord-tenant matters. Immediately following her clerkship, Ms. Coglianese began working as a family law practitioner in Hackensack, New Jersey before joining Ziegler & Zemsky in 2014.
While in law school, Ms. Coglianese served as a teaching assistant and member of her law school’s moot court board. In addition, she served as a judicial extern for both United States Chief Magistrate Judge Maria-Elena James in the United States District Court for the Northern District of California and the San Francisco District Attorney’s Office Career Criminals Division.
Admitted to practice in 2010, Ms. Coglianese is a member in good standing of the New Jersey Bar, the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey, the District of Columbia Bar and the New York Bar. Ms. Coglianese serves as a member of the Supreme Court of New Jersey District Ethics Committee for District VI – Hudson County. Ms. Coglianese is also an active member of numerous, prestigious professional organizations, including the New Jersey State Bar Association, the Bergen County Bar Association, and the Barry Croland Family Inns of Court, among others (see below). She is also regularly asked to lecture on a variety of family law-related topics for Continuing Legal Education programs for our local legal community.
- New Jersey
- New York
- District of Columbia
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Bravo TV’s Untying the Knot, Season 2
- Voted as a 2018 Top 40 under 40 by The National Advocates
- Voted as a 2018 New Jersey Rising Star in Super Lawyer’s Magazine
- Voted 10 Best Attorneys 2016, 2017, 2018 by the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys
- Voted as a 2016 Top Lawyer by (201) Magazine
- Voted as a 2017 Top 10 Family Law Attorney by Attorney and Practice Magazine
- B.A. in History and Political Science (magna cum laude)
- Certificate in Criminal Justice
- Phi Beta Kappa
Golden Gate University School of Law
- Juris Doctor
Fordham University’s Graduate School of Social Service
- Master of Social Work (summa cum laude)
- Concentration on children and families
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Bergen County Bar Association
- Barry Croland Family Inns of Court
- Collaborative Divorce Association of North Jersey
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals (IACP)
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts (AFCC)
- New Jersey Chapter of the National Association of Social Workers (NASW-NJ) – Co-Chairwoman of the Social Work and the Law Committee
- Bergen and Passaic County Early Settlement Panels
- National Association of Social Workers (NASW) – Social Work and the Courts Committee Member