Ashley Manzi - Of Counsel
Ashley Vallillo Manzi is an experienced family law attorney, advocating for her clients with the utmost practicality and professionalism. Ms. Manzi is an experienced litigator and her practice areas include prenuptial agreements, divorce, custody, child support and post judgment matters. She is also a trained mediator and serves to help clients resolve their differences through alternative dispute resolution.
Ms. Manzi started her legal career by clerking for the Honorable Thomas P. Zampino, J.S.C. (Ret'd). She went on to practice commercial litigation at McElroy, Deutch, Mulvaney & Carptener until 2012, when she commenced her career in the family law sector.
Ms. Manzi received her Juris Doctorate from Seton Hall University School of Law, where she served as the President of the Student Bar Association. She is a member of the Family Law Section of the New Jersey State Bar Association, Bergen County Bar Association, and Hudson County Bar Association. She is also a member of the Justice Virginia Long Inn of Court.
Ms. Manzi received her B.A. from University of Delaware, with a degree in English and a minor in Spanish. At the University of Delaware, Ms. Manzi was a member of Phi Sigma Sigma, and she served as the President of the Panhellenic Council.
Honors and Awards
- Selected for Inclusion in New Jersey Super Lawyers - Rising Stars 2012
- Selected for Inclusion in New Jersey Super Lawyers - Rising Stars 2013
- Selected for Inclusion in New Jersey Super Lawyers - Rising Stars 2014
- Selected for Inclusion in New Jersey Super Lawyers - Rising Stars 2015
- Selected for Inclusion in New Jersey Super Lawyers - Rising Stars 2016
- Selected for Inclusion in New Jersey Super Lawyers - Rising Stars 2017
- Bergen County Bar Association,
- Hudson County Bar Association.
- Justice Virginia Long Inn of Court.
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey
Life Outside the Courtroom
Ms. Manzi lives in Hudson County with her husband and her two-year-old daughter. When she isn’t in the office, Ms. Manzi enjoys day trips to the beach, a good spin class (with the really loud dance music), spending time with her family, and occasionally catching up on a good book. She is a contributor to the Little Hoboken Blog, and you can read more about her here: http://www.littlehobokenblog.com/blog/category/Working-Mom
Maeker v. Ross (New Jersey Supreme Court, 2014)
Addressed the applicability of the Statute of Frauds in Palimony actions.